All recipes from No Wheat No Dairy No Problem are my own creations – and my intellectual property, all rights reserved and registered with the United States Copyright Office. Please do not publish or use my recipes/work without my permission or use it for any other reason than personal consumption.
Holiday Recipes and great for leftovers for ALL(Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan and Omnivores)
I love to use my grill/BBQ all summer and when the weather permits. The food tastes great and no pots and pans to clean! Win-Win! See Vegetable Chapter for grilled veggies.
Yields 4 servings
4 (4 oz. 1 inch thick) Bison Steak, Fish, Boneless Chicken or Turkey Breast or Thigh
2 teaspoons grapeseed or avocado oil
dry herbs and/or spices of your choice
freshly ground pepper
Steak: granulated garlic & onion, black pepper, smoked paprika, smoked salt & pepper or Moroccan spice blend
Chicken/Poultry: anything will work. Use same as steak or fish or Chinese 5 spice or Curry powder or Herbs d’ Provence or dried or fresh rosemary, garlic and lemon juice or Caribbean Jerk Sauce or marinade.
Fish: Herbs d’ Provence or dried Dill or dried Italian herbs, salt and pepper
- Heat grill on high for 5 minutes.
- Brush off grill with wire brush.
- Rub 1 teaspoon oil onto grill with a cotton towel.
- Brush meat or fish with 1 teaspoon oil on both sides.
- Liberally salt, pepper and season your meat/fish on both sides.
- Place meat/fish onto grill over medium heat.
- Cook half the time on one side and half the time on the other for meat. Do not try to turn fish over on the grill or it will fall apart, so just cook skin side down or on one side.
Fish: 1 inch thick fish will take about 4 or 5 minutes per side. Cook until internal temperature is 170 degrees. If it is 1/2 inch thick cut cooking time in half.
Chicken: Boneless breast will take 10 minutes. Boneless thighs will take about 8 minutes. Use thermometer because undercooked chicken/poultry can cause food borne illness and very serious long term illness. That said, don’t over cook it because nobody likes dry, rubber chicken!
Meat: 1 inch thick meat will vary due to how you like your meat done, but will take about 10-15 minutes total. Use a thermometer to check the temperature in the center of the thickest part. See chart below, cook for half the time on one side, turn over and cook the remaining half time.
Rare: 130 degrees
Medium rare: 138 degrees
Medium: 148 degrees
Medium well: 160
Well: 170 degrees
- Remove meat from heat. Cover and rest for 5 minutes to be sure you get a juicy piece of meat/fish.
If you don’t want grill marks cook on lower heat for longer and turn meat every two minutes.
DO NOT EVER PUSH JUICES OUT OF WHAT YOU ARE COOKING OR IT WILL BE DRY!
Cooking on a Himalayan Salt Block is tasty and will not impart grill marks which can be carcinogenic. This will take 30 minutes to heat up and about double or more time to cook. Follow directions on Himalayan salt block package. Do not salt food.
Wooden Planks: soak planks for 24 hours in cold water. Get the metal holder to prolong life of your wooden planks which can be used multiple times. Cooking time will take about double or more time. The flavor imparted is worth the extra time. Cedar or maple are nice for salmon and hickory for steak. I like alder or maple for chicken and white fish. You can play around with them and find your favorites.
Fine cooking stores or go online to find salt blocks and wooden planks. Some butcher counters at high end grocery stores have the wooden planks.
Grilled or Broiled Peaches
½ organic peach per person, washed, pitted and cut in half
Dressing: Place all ingredients in a Mason jar, close and shake until well combined.
¼ cup White Peach Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
Preheat oven to broil. Place peaches in a glass baking dish cut side down. Pour half the dressing over the peaches, turn them over and spoon dressing over each peach. Turn oven on to broiler and place under broiler or on a BBQ grill over medium heat. Broil or grill 12 minutes. Remove from broiler and pour remaining half of dressing over peaches. Serve in a bowl with a scoop of Vanilla Ice “Cream”.
Vegan Vanilla Bean “Ice Cream”
Cold, smooth and creamy with the exotic flavor of vanilla bean! Make Ice Who doesn’t love a Hot Fudge Sundae? Pour Chocolate Ganache over a scoop of Ice Cream and enjoy! Want a Banana Split? Add a fresh banana, Raspberry Sauce and Chocolate Ganache! Yummy! It’s worth buying an ice cream maker, but you don’t have to!
Yields: 1 quart
Special Equipment: Food Processor or blender, ice cream maker is optional
2 14 oz. cans regular coconut milk(no gums added), chilled or 28oz. homemade cashew milk
½ cup coconut palm nectar or local raw honey*or 1 tsp. liquid stevia or 1/4 cup Jungle Sweet
1 Tablespoon real gluten-free vanilla extract or seeds of 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- Cut vanilla beans in half lengthwise, scrape the inside of the beans with the back of a knife to remove the seeds.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender on low speed or whisk in a bowl just until combined.
- Pour into popsicle maker and freeze or use an ice cream maker an follow manufacture’s directions.
- Pour into a glass 8×8 container and cover with a lid.
- Freeze until solid, approximately 6 hours.
- Cut into 9 squares(3×3) with an ice pick or sharp 6 inch knife. Be careful please.
- put 1/2 the squares into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1/2 and blend until smooth and the texture of soft serve ice cream.
- Either eat immediately or freeze in a plastic or glass container.
*You can add in any toppings you like by folding them in at the end after it is soft serve consistency.
Add in options: gluten-free brownie bites, biscotti pieces, vegan cookie dough, nut butter, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate fudge ganache(see Table of Contents for recipe) swirl this in or pour over top if enjoying soft serve ice cream.
*For lavender use lavender honey, it’s amazing!
*For Maple Ice Cream, use real maple syrup, dark and add in 1/2 cup chopped pecans at the end of churning if you like.
You can order No Wheat No Dairy No Problem Cookbook on this website for 150 more recipes! Makes a great gift!
GET READY FOR MY NEW UPCOMING COOKBOOK in 2017! GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE TOO! FOLLOW THIS BLOG AND YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO GET THE ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN I LAUNCH IT!