All recipes from No Wheat No Dairy No Problem are my own creations – and my intellectual property, all rights reserved and registered with the United States Copyright Office. Please do not publish or use my recipes/work without my permission or use it for any other reason than personal consumption.
Some dairy-free, creamy toppings for your GF/DF/Vegan ODD BAGELS-see my post for a coupon!
Dairy-free Cream Cheese
A creamy, spreadable topping for Bagels or you can use it in recipes like Salmon Schmear or Cheesecake.
1 1/2 cups raw cashews(soaked 2 hours) or pine nuts or unsalted raw macadamia nuts, unsalted sunflower seeds for nut-free
1 cup filtered water
1/2 cup Irish moss gel *
1/4 cup filtered coconut oil
Zest 1 organic lemon, optional
1 TBSP. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2-1 tsp. Himalayan salt
Fresh or dried herbs or your choice are optional: 1 TBSP fresh herbs, 1 tsp. Dried herbs
1 probiotic or vegan yogurt starter packet, optional but will make it more tangy like the dairy version
Irish moss Gel:
1 cup Irish moss, soaked and rinsed 8-10 hours
1/2 cup filtered water.
Blend in blender on high until super smooth paste/gel. You will need to stop the blender and scrape down a few times. Use 1/4 cup for this recipe and freeze the remainder in 1/4 cup portions in 2 oz. mason jars for next time you make it.
- Soak cashews 2 hours and drain, rinse and drain. Pine nuts and macadamia do not need soaking. Set aside.
- Make Irish moss gel; set aside.
- In a high powered blender add: cashews, water, Irish moss gel and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and herbs, lemon zest and juice, salt and probiotic/vegan yogurt starter; blend well on high until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Put into glass mason jars and refrigerate for 5 days or freeze for a few months. You may need to re-blend it after being defrosted in the refrigerator for better texture.
*Irish moss aka zanthan gum. May cause digestive upset in some people. If you want to omit it, then use half the amount of water in the recipe.
If you do not have time or inclination to make your own, which is highly recommended….you can buy Kite Hill dairy-free Almond Cream Cheese. I like the Chive flavor best. You can also use Miyoko’s Cashew Cheeses!
Salmon Spread for Bagels
This is a great spread for Bagels or serve with raw sliced cucumber & celery sticks. This is so popular at parties and nobody else usually brings it!
Makes 3 cups/1 Appetizer
8 oz smoked wild Salmon or Wild Alaskan Salmon Lox, diced or smoked Trout, skin removed and broken up into flakes
16 oz. dairy-free cream cheese(homemade or store bought)
2 TBSP each: Salt packed(rinsed) capers, fresh chopped dill
1/2 red onion, diced-see my Youtube demo!
Zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
Himalayan salt to taste, may not be needed with fish being salty
1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or bowl and mix until well combined like a tuna salad.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving for best texture. Garnish with a sprig of fresh Dill or Parsley.
- This will keep in refrigerator for 3 days, if there is any left!
On plain bagels other bagel toppings: nut or seed butter with homemade jam, chocolate Almond butter spread.
You can order No Wheat No Dairy No Problem Cookbook on this website for 150 more recipes! Makes a great gift!
GET READY FOR MY NEW UPCOMING COOKBOOK in 2017! GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE TOO! FOLLOW THIS BLOG AND YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO GET THE ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN I LAUNCH IT!