Here is a wide variety of online markets that sell many harder to find products. I always like to support local small businesses and farmers, so go and see what is available there first. There are lots of great farmers markets you can visit or they will deliver to your home.
Specialty Stores and Markets:
- New Leaf Markets: Santa Cruz, Capitola, Boulder Creek, Felton, Half Moon Bay, San Jose/Evergreen www.NewLeaf.com
- Jones and Bones (831) 462-0521, 621 Capitola Rd. Capitola, CA across from Gayle’s Bakery on the way to the Village. Specialty olive oils, citrus olive oils/vinegars, spices, exotic salts/peppers, varietal honey, vanilla/extracts, chocolate, palm sugar, kitchen equipment/accessories, lots of unique gourmet items and gifts that they will carefully pack and ship to your home! Exceptional customer service too!
- Staff of Life is another great health food store in Santa Cruz/Felton, CA.-they have unsweetened/decaf Chai in the refrigerator that is made at the store which is sweetened with chicory root-the Bomb! They also have 100% rye pumpernickel bread-dense and molasses sweetened-great toasted.(not GF, but is wheat free and dairy free!) They have the best price for Hemp Milk too!
- Trader Joe’s: agave nectar, light coconut milk, almond milk, real maple syrup, chocolate, produce, meat, organic wine with no added sulfites, oils, nuts including raw, gluten-free oats, vegan Earth Balance, stock/broth
gluten free oats, flours, vegan Earth Balance sticks/spread, tapioca starch, Eggology egg whites, almond paste, Valrhona cocoa powder, agave nectar, regular and light coconut milk, hemp milk, almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, real maple syrup/maple sugar, palm sugar, date sugar, sucanat, chocolate, natural food coloring, GF cookie decorations, Sunspire grain sweetened chocolate chips and drop candies, produce, meat, organic wine, oils, nuts, oats, stock/broth
Costco: Frozen Wild Fish(mahi, cod, wild salmon, hake), individually wrapped, Organic Eggs, Avocados(clean 15 so non-organic is fine),Organic produce(it changes, but great when in stock), Buffalo/Bison(ground and steaks), Canned Tuna and Salmon, Quinoa, Pom Pomegranate Juice, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Coconut Palm Sugar, Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds, Organic Popcorn, Potato Chips made with Avocado oil, Applegate or Neiman Ranch lunch meats, frozen organic grilled Rosie Chicken Strips, organic eggs, Sambazon Acai packets for Acai Bowls, Forage Nut Milk and Green Juice, frozen organic fruit, frozen fish and much more!
Be careful, if you buy Bob’s Red Mill it must be “GLUTEN-FREE” for oat and other products
- Eagles Wing Natural Bison/Buffalo http://www.eagleswingnaturalbison.com/store is a site that allows you to search for purveyors of specialty meats, such as bison/buffalo.
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour: Cream Hill Estates-Certified Gluten-free Oat Flour made in Canada available at Health Food Stores
- Bob’s Red Mill Certified Gluten-free Oat Flour(my fave)
- Enjoy Life Foods-gluten free/cane sweetened chocolate chips
- Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips
- Pacific Foods– organic unsweetened almond milk, hazelnut milk, chicken and vegetable stock. 503-692-9666
- Tempt Hemp Milk– www.livingharvest.com
- Sol Sunflower Seed Milk
- Sunspire-gluten- free & dairy-free chocolate chips, evaporated cane juice sweetened available
- Raw Organic Nuts & Seeds: www.organicfruitsandnuts.com
Helpful Websites and Articles
Organic Skin Care: Organic skin care with no parabens, synthetic fragrance/colors, mineral oil, silicone or phthalates! They have products for expecting Moms, new Moms and babies!
- www.clinicalluxurybynature.com created by Gradon & made with care in Canada
Wake up with an aromatherapy shower using Organic skin care clementinefields.ca
- Coconut Milk/Oil information, and another useful pdf on coconut oilnutritional information.Gluten Free Kosher Oats/Oat Flour: Bob’s Red Mill, Cream Hill Estates– Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Soy Free Chocolate chips – Glutenfree.com– good source of a myriad of gluten free products.- Beehive Health – Another good source of all things gluten-free, out of San Jose, CA (webstore).-http://www.eagleswingnaturalbison.com/store, including purchasing sources.
- Buffalo-meat, sausages etc… prmeatco.com for farmers market locations in the Bay area(including Campbell & SF)
Allergies and Intolerances:
- Organic Skincare without wheat, dairy or sugar-clementinefields.ca
- Allergies: Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network, and a kid specific allergy site
- Allergy site by Author of Children’s books on children’s food allergies including milk and peanuts: http://www.allergicchild.com
Childrens books on food allergies including peanuts and milk!
The Celiac Disease Foundation now has a list of symptoms and a quiz that you can take and get a response! Go to http://celiac.org/celiac-disease/symptoms/checklist/
- Gluten Intolerance Group, Washington
- Ideal Bite: Great source for daily body care and organic helpful tips.
See Doctors and Health Professional Page for more Resources.
Watch “The Skinny on Obesity” with Dr. Lustig: http://www.uctv.tv/skinny-on- obesity Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF