Here is a wide variety of online markets that sell many harder to find products. I always like to support local small businesses and farmers, so go and see what is available there first. There are lots of great farmers markets you can visit or they will deliver to your home. And, some resources when you don’t want to cook!
Please use these links with affiliate codes and i will get a credit and you get a deal with some of them too.
Online Shopping better than health food stores & at a discount-Thrive Market is like Whole Foods meets Costco but even better! Stock up your kitchen pantry and bathroom with GF/Vegan skin/haircare products! http://thrv.me/CLWmf2
Real Food Bay Area
Prepared Meals and groceries & CSA box. Delicious, Nutritious prepared foods and groceries(entrees, desserts, keifer, broths, coconut yogurt, pastured meats/poultry/pork/sustainable fish, duck eggs etc…)Various pick up locations.
Meal Prep Service delivered to your door: Use code and get 3 Meals FREE! Chef use to work at Slanted Door in SF! Sun Basket: choose gluten-free, lean & clean, organic, local, delicious meals to cook(you can replace the dairy with your alternatives)
Delicious, Raw, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, pre-made salads, wraps, bowls, juices, soups etc…All Organic, Raw, Vegan(except for optional protein toppings-Mary’s organic chicken, eggs, wild salmon) Founded by a Chinese Medical Doctor/Acupuncturist! Order: salads, bowls, dressings, carrot crackers, HAPPY BELLY JUICE, Glow, Refresh, Warrior, Boost, Vanilla Cashew Nut Milk UrbanRemedy.com delivers to your door in 2 days with lots of ice packs! Also sold at Whole Foods Campbell & Cupertino & Palo Alto. They have retail outlets and restaurants in SF and Marin!
Specialty Stores and Markets:
- New Leaf Markets: Santa Cruz, Capitola, Boulder Creek, Felton, Half Moon Bay, San Jose/Evergreen www.NewLeaf.com
- Bi-Rite Market in San Francisco(2 locations) www.BiRiteMarket.com
- Jones and Bones (831) 462-0521, 621 Capitola Rd. Capitola, CA across from Gayle’s Bakery on the way to the Village.
- Specialty olive oils, citrus olive oils/vinegars, spices, exotic salts/peppers, varietal honey, vanilla/extracts, chocolate, palm sugar, kitchen equipment/accessories, lots of unique gourmet items and gifts that they will carefully pack and ship to your home! Exceptional customer service too!
- Staff of Life is another great health food store in Santa Cruz/Felton, CA.-they have unsweetened/decaf Chai in the refrigerator that is made at the store which is sweetened with chicory root-the Bomb! Unique to this store is thick, rich, Greek Style Coconut Yogurt by Coyo! For a fresh Thai Coconut yogurt that is sweet-tart and sugar-free, try the Cocoyo! Definately try the creamy, flavorful Parmela and Miyoko’s Cashew Cheese alternatives. Also, don’t miss the duck eggs, SRSLY GF Sourdough, Bone Broths and organic/local and some unique produce!
- Trader Joe’s: coconut milk, vegan butter, real maple syrup, chocolate, organic produce, kosher meat, organic wine with no added sulfites, oils, nuts including raw, gluten-free oats, or nuts, seeds
gluten free oats, flours, vegan butter, cocoyo coconut yogurt, tapioca starch, almond paste, Valrhona or raw cocoa powder, coconut nectar/sugar, regular and light coconut milk, hemp milk, almond milk, real maple syrup/maple sugar, palm sugar, date sugar, chocolate, natural food coloring, GF cookie decorations, organic/local produce, grass-fed/pastured meat, sustainable/wild fish, organic wine, oils, nuts, gluten-free oats, bone broths
Costco: Frozen Wild Fish(mahi, cod, wild salmon, hake), individually wrapped, Avocados(clean 15 so non-organic is fine),Organic produce(it changes, but great when in stock), Buffalo/Bison(ground and steaks), Canned Tuna(Sardines are even healthier and taste like tuna!) and Salmon, Quinoa, Pom Pomegranate Juice, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Coconut Flour, Coconut Palm Sugar, Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds, Organic Popcorn(highly allergenic, but NON-GMO), Potato Chips made with Avocado oil(inflammatory, but once a year is fine), Applegate or Neiman Ranch lunch meats(GF/DF/nitrate & nitrite free), frozen organic grilled Rosie Chicken Strips, organic pastured duck & chicken eggs, unsweetened Acai packets for Acai Bowls, Forage Nut Milk and Green Juice, frozen organic fruit, frozen fish and much more!
Be careful, if you buy Bob’s Red Mill it must be “GLUTEN-FREE” for oat and other products
- Grass-fed Bison/Buffalo: Health Food Stores, independant markets/butchers/online
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour: Cream Hill Estates-Certified Gluten-free Oat Flour made in Canada available at Health Food Stores
- Bob’s Red Mill: Gluten-free flours( what I use)
- Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips-sugar-free/GF/DF and delicious!
- Enjoy Life Foods-gluten free/cane sweetened chocolate chips
- Raw Organic Nuts & Seeds: www.organicfruitsandnuts.com
Helpful Websites and Articles
Organic Skin Care: Organic skin care with no parabens, synthetic fragrance/colors, mineral oil, silicone or phthalates! They have products for expecting Moms, new Moms and babies!
- www.clinicalluxurybynature.com created by Gradon & made with care in Canada, NOW available in the USA at www.CredoBeauty.com in SF/LA
Wake up with an aromatherapy shower using Organic skin care clementinefields.ca
- Buffalo-meat, sausages etc… prmeatco.com for farmers market locations in the Bay area(including Campbell & SF)
- RealFoodBayArea.com pastured meats, wild sustainable fish, etc…
Allergies and Intolerances:
- Organic Skincare without wheat, dairy or sugar-clementinefields.ca
- Allergies: Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network, and a kid specific allergy site
- Allergy site by Author of Children’s books on children’s food allergies including milk and peanuts: http://www.allergicchild.com
The Celiac Disease Foundation now has a list of symptoms and a quiz that you can take and get a response! Go to http://celiac.org/celiac-disease/symptoms/checklist/
- Gluten Intolerance Group, Washington
- Ideal Bite: Great source for daily body care and organic helpful tips.
See Doctors and Health Professional Page for more Resources.
Movie Night! Watch this and learn a lot from this brilliant, wise doctor & professor!
Watch “The Skinny on Obesity” with Dr. Lustig: http://www.uctv.tv/skinny-on- obesity Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF